Monday, September 24, 2007

Time For Change

Hey Everyone I have some news!....some big News!
After a certain amount of thought and consideration I have pulled a rather big move and decided to quit my current job out here in Victoria. I'm not going to get into any of the "reasons" or "whys" but do feel this was the best move for me to make to continue growing and reach my aspirations and dreams. I currently have a couple exciting contract jobs on the go which will definitely make the job quiting less drastic on my finances. At the same time I plan on updating my skills, hopefully getting a animation demo reel pieced together, and further trying to get my foot in that children's illustration door. If any of you reading this have any ideas, tips or knowledge of job openings I would really appreciate hearing them! All of your comments and positive words really make my day!
In the meanwhile here is a picture I did with a character you may see again in another picture or two! Thanks for stopping by!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stubbled on your blog
you have a great sense color and Texure to your artwork and your characters are so much fun.

i am also trying to get my foot in that children's illustration door

I put a link on my blog for you.

Add me to your links if you want to.
I would appreciated it

looking foward to seeing more stuffI will be back

-rob

6:05 PM  
Blogger Kay Aker said...

May you realize all your dreams! With your talents and abilities I don't see how you can possibly lose. I would definately want to have books with your style.

7:18 PM  
Blogger William Bradford said...

I love your stuff! You designs are cute and crisp. Keep it up!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Eli said...

Ah, the exciting life in the free world, I'd wish you luck but a guy of your talents won't need it. Take care!

9:05 PM  
Blogger imwithsully said...

Oh yes, a demo reel would work wonders. As an interative art director, we are always looking for illustrators with a flair for how their illustrations would work in storyboards and Flash. While we don't have anything right now that matches your style, I will pass your name around to my colleagues at some ad agencies.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Zari said...

I wish you the best of the lucks!...you've got talent...and sure you will realize your dreams!
How i wish i could help...but i know very little about the illustration world...just draw for fun ;)

8:22 AM  
Blogger iSew said...

I don't have any ideas or advice, but I can say you're probably doing the right thing. I quit my job to do what I love and it's been great. I liked what I was doing, but it's not the same. Good luck to you! Your art is amazing, I'm sure you'll "get in" wherever you go with it.

8:24 AM  
Blogger shaky mouse said...

as said by everyone else here, you have such a distinctive style, and flair to your work that you have a lot going for you.. congratulations, and best of luck!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mukpuddy said...

Good luck dude!! You've definitely got the skills!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Alexiev said...

Great illustrations... very good steel... good blog...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar
Alexiev Store

3:07 PM  
Blogger Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

hey Cale,
wow wow wow! I know this is a HUGE step so a big congratulations! You are super talented so I am sure you will be fine. Very excited for you!

P.S.- I love that girl with the chicken. Reminds me of...myself! hehe.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home